If you want to hear me rambling...

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Cute Side

When faced with uncomfortable social situations, I turn on the immensely cute me.
I wonder why that is?






and it doesn't happen all the time, either.
sometimes I just crawl into myself and there I lurk, hiding insecurely
(do you like me? do you do you do you? was my humor unappreciated? were you having a bad day? what really bugs you? tell me. I want to know. I care about you. I do I do I do. sorry I can't be a better friend to you, but, you see, I'm still afraid. not of you, per se, but...of new people in general. sorry that you two had to show up when that side of me emerged. i don't think it will go away any time soon....but you, my friend, will overcome it.
won't you, Jacob?)

perhaps it is because
this time, I didn't have a choice
there was no option to just go and hide inside myself, to retreat from everyone and everything
since I had to interact,
I turned on this defense
...I rather like this defense. Don't you?
and I think those people all liked it too.
The adorable side of me
is a pleasant one to see, I think
especially when the world treats you so cruelly
and when all the others won't give you a smile or the adorable chipper responses
they won't listen to you rant, they won't not judge you like I do



...
can I go again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE?